BEST REFERENCE BOOKS FOR PRELIMS EXAM – UPSC
Get Best Reference Books for Prelims Exam. BEST REFERENCE BOOKS FOR PRELIMS EXAM OF UPSC CIVIL SERVICES. Prelims exam is the first stage in civil services or IAS examination which is conducted by UPSC. If you are searching for best reference books which cover all topics in prelims general studies and aptitude test (csat) then here you can find out list of standard and best reference books suggested by toppers and experts. Students may buy these books online and some civil services materials and best books are available to free download in pdf format. With the list of best reference books for UPSC civil services prelims exam you can easily score well in less time and without coaching. We are providing the Prelims Reference Books in this article.
BEST REFERENCE BOOKS FOR PRELIMS EXAM (UPSC CIVIL SERVICES)
- UPSC IAS Mains Chemistry Paper Syllabus & Topics
- UPSC Mains Civil Engineering Syllabus 2017
- UPSC Prelims paper 1 General Studies Syllabus & Topics 2016
- UPSC Prelims paper 2 Aptitude Syllabus & Topics 2016
Prelims Reference Books
Following are the Best suggested reference books for Prelims Exam.
- History Of Modern India – Bipan Chandra. (History)
- India’s Struggle For Independence – Bipan Chandra. (History)
- India’s Ancient Past – R.S. Sharma. (History)
- History Of Medieval India – Satish Chandra. (History)
- The Wonder That Was India – A.L. Bhasham. (Culture)
- Indian Art and Culture – Nitin Singhania. (Culture)
- Geography of India – Majid Husain. (Geography)
- Oxford School Atlas – Oxford. (Geography)
- Certificate Physical and Human Geography – Goh Cheng Leong. (Geography)
- Indian Polity for Civil Services Examinations – M. Laxmikanth. (Polity)
- Indian Economy – Ramesh Singh. (Economy)
- Economic Survey. (Economy)
- Science and Technology in India – TMH. (Science and Technology)
- Environmental Studies: From Crisis to Cure – Rajagopalan. (Environment)
- Environment for Civil Services Prelims and Mains – Khuller. (Environment)
- India Year Book(Current Affairs)
- Manorama Yearbook. (Current Affairs)
- CSAT Paper – 2 Manual by TMHor CSAT-II – Arihant (CSAT – Paper 2)
- Analytical Reasoning – M. K. Pandey (CSAT – Paper 2: Analytical Reasoning)
- Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning – R. S.Aggarwal(CSAT Paper 2: Reasoning)
There are two papers in UPSC civil services prelims exam – General Studies and Aptitude or CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test) and both prelims papers consists of multiple choice (objective) questions. Who qualify in UPSC civil services prelims exam are chosen to write the mains exam.
For the preparation of UPSC civil services prelims exam qualities like a sharp memory and basic retention power and proper strategy is needed. Selection of best books for prelims exam play key role. Conceptual clarity on every topic of the syllabus is required. Utilize time well and crack the UPSC civil services prelims exam in first attempt. I hope this BEST REFERENCE BOOKS FOR UPSC CIVIL SERVICES PRELIMS EXAM article is helpful to you in preparation of UPSC civil services prelims exam. Don’t forgot to share this article to your friends.