BEST REFERENCE BOOKS FOR MAINS EXAM – UPSC
Get details about BEST REFERENCE BOOKS FOR MAINS EXAM OF UPSC CIVIL SERVICES. Mains exam is the second stage in civil services or IAS examination which is conducted by UPSC. If you are searching for best reference books which cover all topics in mains general studies and optional subject then here you can find out list of standard and best reference books suggested by toppers and experts. Students may buy these books online and some civil services materials and best books are available to free download in pdf format. With the list of best reference books for UPSC civil services mains exam you can easily score well in less time and also without coaching. We are providing the Mains Reference Books in this article.
LIST OF BEST REFERENCE BOOKS FOR MAINS EXAM- UPSC CIVIL SERVICES
- UPSC IAS Mains Chemistry Paper Syllabus & Topics
- UPSC Mains Civil Engineering Syllabus 2017
- UPSC Prelims paper 1 General Studies Syllabus & Topics 2016
- UPSC Prelims paper 2 Aptitude Syllabus & Topics 2016
Mains Reference Books
- The Wonder That Was India – A.L. Bhasham. (Culture)
- India’s Ancient Past – R.S. Sharma. (Culture)
- Indian Art and Culture – Nitin Singhania. (Culture)
- History Of Modern India – Bipan Chandra. (History)
- India’s Struggle For Independence – Bipan Chandra. (History)
- Geography of India – Majid Husain. (Geography)
- Oxford School Atlas – Oxford. (Geography)
- Certificate Physical and Human Geography – Goh Cheng Leong. (Geography)
- Indian Polity for Civil Services Examinations – M. Laxmikanth. (Polity)
- Indian Economy – Ramesh Singh. (Economy)
- Economic Survey. (Economy)
- Science and Technology in India – TMH. (Science and Technology)
- Environmental Studies: From Crisis to Cure – Rajagopalan. (Environment)
- Environment for Civil Services Prelims and Mains – Khuller. (Environment)
- India Year Book (Current Affairs)
- Manorama Yearbook. (Current Affairs)
- Contemporay Essays by Ramesh Singh OR 151 ESSAYS ForUPSC Mains(Essay Paper)
- India After Gandhi – RamchandraGuha (History – GS1)
- Norman Lowe OR History of Modern World – Jain and Mathur (World History – GS1)
- Social Problems In India – Ram Ahuja. (Indian Society – GS1)
- IAS Mains General Studies Paper 2 (Arihant Manual – GS2)
- Governance in India for CSE. (Governance – GS2)
- PaxIndica – Shashi Tharoor. (Foreign Policy – GS2)
- India and the World by Surendra Kumar. (Foreign Policy – GS2)
- IAS Mains General Studies – GS3. (Arihant Manual – GS3)
- India’s National Security: A Reader. (Internal Security – GS3)
- Challenges to Internal Security of India. (Internal Security – GS3)
- Lexicon for Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude. ( Ethics – GS4)
- IAS Mains General Studies – Ethics. ( Arihant Manual – GS4)
Books for UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam in Hindi Medium (Additional)
- SamkaleenVishwaKaItihas 1890 – 2008.
- Palassi Se VibhajanTak :Adhunik Bharat KaItihas.
- Bharat Ki VideshNeeti.
- IAS MukhyaParikshaSamanyaAddhyan Paper 4 Nitishastra, SatyanishthaAurAbhiruchi.
- Bharat Ki Aantrik Suraksha – MukhyaChunautiya.
- SamajikSamasyayein – Ram Ahuja.
- Bharat: Gandhi KeBaad – RamchandraGuha.
Links of UPSC Books at online Stores! (Click on the links to buy online)
- Full list of UPSC books available in Amazon.
- Full list of UPSC books available in Flipkart.
- Recommended list of UPSC books available in Flipkart.
Free Online Resources For UPSC Civil Services Prelims and Mains
- NCERT Books Download.
- Yojana Magazine Download.
- Kurukshetra Magazine.
- PratiyogitaDarpan Magazine.
- IGNOU Books.
The CIVIL Services examination is one of the most prestigious examination. Lot of students will be eliminating in the UPSC prelims exam. UPSC mains syllabus is vast but it requires great preparation. proper strategy is needed. Selection of best books for mains exam play key role. Conceptual clarity on every topic of the syllabus is required. Utilize time well and crack the UPSC civil services mains exam in first attempt. I hope this BEST REFERENCE BOOKS FOR UPSC CIVIL SERVICES MAINS EXAM article is helpful to you in preparation of UPSC civil services Mains exam. Don’t forgot to share this article to your friends.