HOW TO PREPARE IAS PRELIMS EXAM IN 2 MONTHS
HOW TO PREPARE IAS PRELIMS EXAM IN 2 MONTHS: Yes it is possible but it require lot of hard work & dedication for next 60 days. you have around (60 x 8)= 500 hrs (approx.). Here you can find out how to prepare IAS prelims exam in 2 months step by step, list of best books for score well in UPSC civil services prelims exam. Every year millions of students appear for civil services prelims exam. Students are qualified in 1:12 ratio for mains exam. If you want to pass IAS Prelims in 2 months first you should believe that you can do it. To prepare IAS Prelims exam in 2 months qualities like a sharp memory and basic retention power and proper strategy is needed.
STRATEGIES TO PREPARE IAS PRELIMS EXAM IN 2 MONTHS
STEP 1 TO PREPARE IAS PRELIMS EXAM IN 2 MONTHS
Know the IAS prelims exam pattern
UPSC Prelims Exam Pattern for 2016 & 2017:
|Paper I – General Studies: It is qualifying paper to write the mains exam||2 Hours||100||200|
|Paper II – Aptitude: This paper is of qualifying nature, but candidate must score at least 33% marks in this paper and marks of this paper are not counted for writing the Mains examination.||2 Hours||80||200|
There is “Negative Marking” in the Prelims exam. There is a penalty of 33% marks or 0.83 marks for every wrong answer. Though decision making and problem solving section doesn’t have negative marking.
STEP 2 TO PREPARE IAS PRELIMS EXAM IN 2 MONTHS
Know the IAS prelims exam syllabus
STEP 3 TO PREPARE IAS PRELIMS EXAM IN 2 MONTHS
Collect best reference books and material for civil services prelims exam
prelims paper 1 (general studies) reference books
- NCERT books from class 6 to 12 (you can download from NCERT website)
- Indian year book, yojana, kurushetra, science spectrum magazines for Current affairs and science& tech
- History of Modern India by Bipan Chandra, India’s struggle for independenceBipan Chandra.
- Indian polityby laxmikanth(just selective reading from this single book will serve the purpose)
- physical geo.:GC leong (skip all types of climates in part 2)
- Economics: XI+XII NCERT ( skip Microeconomics),Shriram IAS Economics booklet, Indian Economy by Sanjeev Verma
prelims paper 2 (aptitude) CSAT reference books
- Verbal reasoning by kapla
- Verbal and nonverbal reasoning by RS AGGARWAL
STEP 4 TO PREPARE IAS PRELIMS EXAM IN 2 MONTHS
Collect and practice previous papers. Going through the previous year papers (at least 5 years) will familiarize you with the kind of questions asked in the examination.
STEP 5 TO PREPARE IAS PRELIMS EXAM IN 2 MONTHS
Make your own time table and subject wise preparation strategy for 60 days.
STEP 6 TO PREPARE IAS PRELIMS EXAM IN 2 MONTHS
Join test series of reputed institute or institutes depends on you . Go thoroughly to the questions and test after test analysis your stronge zone and weak zone.
TIPS TO PREPARE IAS PRELIMS EXAM IN 2 MONTHS
- Beginners first go through the NCERT books. Then you will get basics and strong foundation.
- Revise previous papers.
- Give importance to revision.
- Complete revision 15 days before exam date and attend practice, mock tests.
- Prelims paper 2 (aptitude/CSAT) need more practice tests.
- Read yearbook, newspaper and current affairs from last one year.
If you want to reach the goal in a certain period of time you must need proper planning & self-motivation. I hope HOW TO PREPARE IAS PRELIMS EXAM IN 2 MONTHS article will boost your confidence. UPSC civil services prelims exam is entirely different exam from any other exams. No one knows what will come in exam, so explore yourself till you get it. All the best.