UPSC MAINS INDIAN LANGUAGE BENGALI SYLLABUS 2017
Get UPSC MAINS INDIAN LANGUAGE BENGALI SYLLABUS 2016 & 2017 details. Earlier we’ve provided UPSC Mains Indian Language Paper List. Also read UPSC Mains Exam Pattern 2017. In IAS mains exam there are 2 optional papers in UPSC civil services mains exam. In UPSC mains examination paper 6&7 are optional subject papers. Bengali is one of the optional in the IAS main exam.You can opt for the Bengali language as an optional subject, if you have graduated in the literature of Bengali language as the main subject. With well-planned strategies, you can easily score well in the Bengali literature. Interest should be the prime criteria for choosing any optional. Each Bengali paper consists of 250 marks. Duration for each Bengali mains paper is 3 hours. Here is a detailed syllabus of civil services Bengali mains exam.
UPSC MAINSINDIAN LANGUAGE BENGALI SYLLABUS
- UPSC IAS Mains Chemistry Paper Syllabus & Topics
- UPSC Mains Civil Engineering Syllabus 2017
- UPSC IAS Mains Commerce Syllabus 2017
- UPSC Mains Economics Syllabus 2017
UPSC MAINS INDIAN LANGUAGE BENGALI SYLLABUS Paper 1
History of Language and Literature. Answers must be written in Bengali.
Topics from the History of Bangla language
- The chronological track from Proto Indo-European to Bangla (Family tree with branches and approximate dates).
- Historical stages of Bangla (Old, Middle, New) and their linguistic features.
- Dialects of Bangla and their distinguishing characteristics.
- Elements of Bangla Vocabulary.
- Forms of Bangla Literary Prose- Sadhu and Chalit.
- Processes of language change relevant for Bangla.
Apinihiti (Anaptyxis), Abhishruti (umlaut), Murdhanyibhavan (cerebralization), Nasikyibhavan (Nasalization), Samibhavan (Assimilation), Sadrishya (Analogy), Svaragama (Vowel insertion)-AdiSvaragama, Madhya Svaragama or Svarabhakti, AntyaSvaragama, Svarasangati (Vowel hormony), yshruti and w-shruti.
- Problems of standardization and reform of alphabet and spelling, and those of transliteration and Romanization.
- Phonology, Morphology and Syntax of Modern Bangla. (Sounds of Modern Bangla, Conjuncts; word formations, compounds; basic sentence patterns.)
Topics from the History of Bangla Literature.
- Periodization of Bangla Literature : Old Bangla and Middle Bangla.
- Points of difference between modern and pre-modern Bangla Literature.
- Roots and reasons behind the emergence of modernity in Bangla Literature.
- Evolution of various Middle Bangla forms :Mangalkavyas, Vaishnava lyrics, Adapted narratives (Ramayana, Mahabharata, Bhagavata) and religious biographies.
- Secular forms in middle Bangla literature.
- Narrative and lyric trends in the nineteenth century Bangla poetry.
- Development of prose.
- Bangla dramatic literature (nineteenth century, Tagore, Post-1944 Bangla drama).
- Tagore and post-Tagoreans.
- Fiction, major authors : (Bankimchandra, Tagore, Saratchandra, Bibhutibusan, Tarasankar, Manik).
- Women and Bangla literature : creators and created.
UPSC MAINS INDIAN LANGUAGE BENGALI SYLLABUS Paper 2
Prescribed texts for close study.
Answers must be written in Bengali.
- Vaishnava Padavali (Calcutta University) Poems of Vidyapati, Chandidas, Jnanadas, Govindadas and Balaramdas.
- ChandimangalKalketu episode by Mukunda (SahityaAkademi).
- Chaitanya CharitamritaMadya Lila, by KrishnadasKaviraj (SahityaAkademi).
- MeghnadbadhKavya by Madhusudan Dutta.
- Kapalkundala by BankimchandraChattarjee.
- Samya and BangadesherKrishak by Bankimchandra Chatterjee.
- Sonar Tari by Rabindranath Tagore.
- Chhinnapatravali by Rabindranath Tagore.Section-B
- Raktakarabi by Rabindranath Tagore.
- Nabajatak by Rabindranath Tagore.
- Grihadaha by Saratchandra Chatterjee.
- PrabandhaSamgraha Vol. 1, by PramathaChoudhuri.
- Aranyak by Bibhutibhusan Banerjee
- Short stories by ManikBandyo-padhyay :AtashiMami, Pragaitihasik, Holud-Pora, Sarisrip, HaranerNatjamai, Chhoto-BokulpurerJatri, KustharogirBou, JakeyGhushDitey Hoy.
- Shrestha Kavita by Jibanananda Das.
- Jagori by SatinathBhaduri.
- EbamIndrajit by BadalSircar.
Remember not to commit grammaticalmistakes.Improve writing skills for IAS Bengali literature exam. Handwriting should be legible for IAS mains exam. A good command over the language is always helpful.Analytical and unconventional questions are appearing in previous papers so while preparing student should keep IAS Bengali main syllabus and previous papers for reference.
Also Share the following articles to students who are preparing for UPSC Exam 2016 & 2017.