UPSC ISS STATISTICS PAPER 2 SYLLABUS
Get UPSC ISS STATISTICS PAPER 2 SYLLABUS details: UPSC conducts Indian Economic Service/ Indian statistical service Exam every year.A candidate may compete for any one of the services only. UPSC IES/ISS exam consists of two stages. Stage I (Written examination) carrying a maximum of 1000 marks. UPSC ISS Statistics paper1 & 2 are objective type questions (80 questions with maximum marks of 200 in each paper) to be attempted in 120 minutes. UPSC ISS Statistics paper2 syllabus mainly focused on Linear Models, Estimation, Hypotheses testing and Statistical Quality Control, Multivariate Analysis. Here is a detailed syllabus of UPSC ISS STATISTICS PAPER 2.
Also Read :
- CIVIL SERVICES MAINS LANGUAGE PAPER SINDHI SYLLABUS
- CIVIL SERVICES MAINS LANGUAGE PAPER ENGLISH SYLLABUS 2016 & 2017
- UPSC MAINS LANGUAGE PAPER DOGRI SYLLABUS 2016 & 2017
- UPSC MAINS INDIAN LANGUAGE BENGALI SYLLABUS 2017
UPSC ISS STATISTICS PAPER 2 SYLLABUS
UPSC ISS STATISTICS PAPER 2SYLLABUS (objective type)
- Linear Models:
Theory of linear estimation, Gauss Markov linear models, estimable functions, error and estimation space, normal equations and least square estimators, estimation of error variance, estimation with correlated observations, properties of least square estimators, generalized inverse of a matrix and solution of normal equations, variances and covariances of least square estimators. One way and two-way classifications, fixed, random and mixed effects models. Analysis of variance(two way classification only), multiple comparison tests due to Tukey, Scheffe and Student-Newmann-Keul-Duncan.
- Statistical Inference and Hypothesis Testing: Characteristics of good estimator. Estimation methods of maximum likelihood, minimum chi-square, moments and least squares. Optimal properties of maximum likelihood estimators. Minimum variance unbiased estimators. Minimum variance bound estimators. Cramer-Rao inequality. Bhattacharya bounds. Sufficient estimator. factorization theorem. Complete statistics. Rao-Blackwell theorem. Confidence intervals timation. Optimum confidence bounds .Resampling ,Bootstrap and Jacknife. Hypothesis testing: Simple and composite hypotheses. Two kinds of error. Critical region. Different types of critical regions and similar regions. Power function. Most powerful and uniformly most powerful tests. Neyman-Pearson fundamental lemma. Unbiased test. Randomized test. Likelihood ratio test. Wald’s SPRT, OC and ASN functions. Elements of decision theory.
(iii) Official Statistics:
National and International official statistical system Official Statistics: (a) Need, Uses, Users, Reliability, Relevance, Limitations, Transparency, its visibility (b) Compilation, Collection, Processing, Analysis and Dissemination, Agencies Involved, Methods of National Statistical Organization: Vision and Mission, NSSO and CSO; roles and responsibilities; Important activities, Publications etc.
National Statistical Commission: Need, Constitution, its role, functions etc; Legal Acts/Provisions/Support for Official Statistics; Important Acts Index Numbers: Different Types, Need, Data Collection Mechanism, Periodicity, Agencies Involved, Uses Sector Wise Statistics: Agriculture, Health, Education, Women and Child etc.
Important Surveys & Census, Indicators, Agencies and Usages etc.
National Accounts: Definition, Basic Concepts; issues; the Strategy, Collection of Data and Release.
Population Census: Need, Data Collected, Periodicity, Methods of data collection, dissemination, Agencies involved.
Misc: Socio Economic Indicators, Gender Awareness/Statistics, Important Surveys
Change in scheme of IES/ISS examination and syllabi of Indian Statistical Service examination with effect from 2016 examination. Above mentioned ISS statistics paper 2 syllabus is as per new scheme of IES/ISS examination. For more details of UPSC IES/ISS exam syllabus you can go through UPSC Official Website: www.upsc.gov.in