UPSC IFS EXAM NOTIFICATION 2017 EXAM DATE, ELIGIBILITY DETAILS
Get UPSC IFS EXAM NOTIFICATION 2017 EXAM DATE, ELIGIBILITY, AGE LIMITS, and NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS DETAILS: UPSC conducts Indian Forest Services Exam for recruitment to forestry services of India every year. UPSC has announced Notification for the IFS exam. Students should note that the government has changed the pattern of indian forest service exam from 2013. Candidates applying for the UPSC IFS exam should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admissions to the examination. Here you can find out UPSC IFS EXAM 2016 eligibility, exam date, age limits, and number of attempts in detail. UPSC notification for 2017 is yet to be announced, we will update the content when it is official released. Mean while you can look for clear details involved from this article.
Also Read :
- CIVIL SERVICES MAINS LANGUAGE PAPER SINDHI SYLLABUS
- CIVIL SERVICES MAINS LANGUAGE PAPER ENGLISH SYLLABUS 2016 & 2017
- UPSC MAINS LANGUAGE PAPER DOGRI SYLLABUS 2016 & 2017
- UPSC MAINS INDIAN LANGUAGE BENGALI SYLLABUS 2017
UPSC IFS EXAM NOTIFICATION 2016
UPSC IFS 2016 exam Important Dates
- Date of Notification: 27 April, 2016
- Last Date to Apply: 27 May, 2016
- Date of Exam (Prelims): 7 August, 2016 (CSAT)
- IFS Main Exam: 12 November, 2016
UPSC IFS EXAM 2016 Eligibility Criteria:
1. Nationality: The candidate must be either:
(a) A citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India. Or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Age Limit for UPSC IFS EXAM 2016:A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years, i.e. he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1984 and not later than 1st August, 1995.
The upper age limit relaxations given below.
(a).The Age relaxable for SC, ST’S candidates – 5 years
(b). Age relaxable for OBC candidates – 3 years
(c). Age relaxable for 3 years in case of defence services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or disturbed area.
(d). 5 years Age relax able for Ex-service men including commissioned officers and ECOs/ SSCOs who have completed an initial period of a assignment of 5 years military service .(As the date given in advt)
(e). 5 years age relaxable in the case of ECOs/ SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of 5 years of military service. (As the date given based in advt).
(f). Ten years Age relaxation for blind, deaf, deaf, mute and orthopaedically handicapped candidates.
(g). 5 years age relaxable if a candidate had ordinary been domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January (As the date given based on Advt).
- Educational Qualification for UPSC IFS EXAM 2016:The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
- Number of Attempts for UPSC IFS EXAM 2016:Every candidate appearing at the Examination, who is otherwise eligible, shall be permitted six attempts at the examination. Provided that this restriction on the number of attempts will not apply in case of scheduled caste and scheduled tribes candidates who are otherwise eligible. Number of attempts permissible to candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes, who are otherwise eligible, shall be nine.
- Physical Standards: The candidate must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Indian Forest Service Examination.
For more details you can go through UPSC Official Website: www.upsc.gov.in.If you are new or experienced aspirant to this UPSC IFS exam this article may helpful to you to know about UPSC 2016 Notification, Eligibility Details, Last date, useful links and other details .