CIVIL SERVICES MAINS GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 1 SYLLABUS & FULL TOPICS 2016 & 2017
Get CIVIL SERVICES MAINS GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 1 SYLLABUS & FULL TOPICS 2016 & 2017 details. We had already provided UPSC civil Services Exam Notification 2016 & UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam Syllabus & Subjects 2016 & 2017 in detail. Before going to attempt UPSC Civil Services Mains exam, students must know about UPSC Mains Exam Pattern, what are the CIVIL SERVICES MAINS GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 1 SYLLABUS & FULL TOPICS 2016 and 2017 & what are the Topics in UPSC Mains GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 1 2016 exam as well as for 2017 exam. Here we are providing UPSC Mains Exam GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 1 Syllabus for 2016 & 2017 exams. UPSC (union public service commission) conducts the CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATION (CSE) which is a nationwide exam. UPSC has brought changes to CIVIL SERVICES syllabus and pattern. In this article you can found out new syllabus for CIVIL SERVICES MAINS General studies paper 1 in detail. In UPSC CIVIL SERVICES mains paper general studies papers play a major role. There are four general studies papers in UPSC mains examination and each general studies paper of 250 marks.Duration 3 hours.
CIVIL SERVICES MAINS GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 1 SYLLABUS
The following is the UPSC mains General Studies Paper 1 Syllabus in detail which is for 250 marks
Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society.
- Indian culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, Literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
- Modern Indian history from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present- significant events, personalities, issues
- The Freedom Struggle – its various stages and important contributors /contributions from different parts of the country.
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country.
- History of the world will include events from 18th century such as industrial revolution, world wars, redrawal of national boundaries, colonization, decolonization, political philosophies like communism, capitalism, socialism etc.- their forms and effect on the society.
- Salient features of Indian Society, Diversity of India.
- Role of women and women’s organization, population and associated issues, poverty and developmental issues, urbanization, their problems and their remedies.
- Effects of globalization on Indian society
- Social empowerment, communalism, regionalism & secularism.
- Salient features of world’s physical geography.
- Distribution of key natural resources across the world (including South Asia and the Indian sub-continent); factors responsible for the location of primary, secondary, and tertiary sector industries in various parts of the world (including India)
- Important Geophysical phenomena such as earthquakes, Tsunami, Volcanic activity, cyclone etc., geographical features and their location- changes in critical geographical features (including water-bodies and ice-caps) and in flora and fauna and the effects of such changes.
CIVIL SERVICES mains general studies paper 1 mainly focus on the topics
- Indian Heritage and Culture
- History and Geography of the World and Society
There are twenty- five(25) questions printed both in HINDI and ENGLISH in previous mains general studies paper 1 2015. All the questions in general studies paper1 are compulsory.Answers must be written in the medium authorized in the Admission Certificate which must be stated clearly on the cover of this Question-cum-Answer (QCA) Booklet in the space provided. No marks will be given for answers written in a medium other than the authorized one.Answer the questions in not more than 150 words each. One thing must be remember every CIVIL SERVICES aspirant is contents of the answer is more important than its length. While writing the civil services general studies paper student must have idea about beginning, content and how to conclude each question. So you must go through the each topic in the civil services general studies paper 1 syllabus and make a well strategy to how to prepare for civil services mains from previous papers. All the best.