UPSC IES – GENERAL STUDIES & ENGINEERING APTITUDE PAPER SYLLABUS 2017
UPSC IES – GENERAL STUDIES AND ENGINEERING APTITUDE PAPER SYLLABUS 2017. An all India level competitive examination, called Engineering Services Examination (ESE) is conducted every year by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for recruitment to the Indian Engineering Services. In UPSC Engineering Services Examination the General Studies & Engineering Aptitude paper also called ESE Preliminary exam paper 1 is an objective type exam. Time duration of ESE General Studies & Engineering Aptitude paper is 2 hours (120 min) and it consists of 200 marks. ESE Prelims paper 1 syllabus is common to all candidates. Here is a detailed syllabus of ESE General Studies & Engineering Aptitude paper.
- UPSC IAS Mains Chemistry Paper Syllabus & Topics
- UPSC Mains Civil Engineering Syllabus 2017
- UPSC IAS Mains Commerce Syllabus 2017
- UPSC Mains Economics Syllabus 2017
UPSC IES – GENERAL STUDIES AND ENGINEERING APTITUDE PAPER SYLLABUS 2017
General Studies and Engineering Aptitude
(Stage I – Paper I, Objective type, Common to all Candidates, 2 hours duration, 200 Marks maximum)
The questions from the following Topics will be set in Paper-I of Stage-I
- Current issues of national and international importance relating to social, economic and industrial development
- Engineering Aptitude covering Logical reasoning and Analytical ability
- Engineering Mathematics and Numerical Analysis
- General Principles of Design, Drawing, Importance of Safety
- Standards and Quality practices in production, construction, maintenance and services
- Basics of Energy and Environment : Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, Climate Change, Environmental impact assessment
- Basics of Project Management
- Basics of Material Science and Engineering
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) based tools and their applications in Engineering such as networking, e-governance and technology based education.
- Ethics and values in Engineering profession
The paper in General Studies and Engineering Aptitude will include Knowledge of relevant topics as may be expected from an engineering graduate, without special study.
Questions from all the 10 topics mentioned above shall be set. Marks for each Topic may range from 5% to 15% of the total marks in the paper.
Based on the recommendations of Expert Committees formed by the Union Public Service Commission, the Government (Ministry of Railways) has conveyed its approval to the Structural changes in the scheme and syllabi of the Engineering Services Examination to be implemented from the year 2017 onwards.
Syllabus is the best guide so while preparing student must keep this ESE General Studies and Engineering Aptitude syllabus to check the progress.