GATE NOTIFICATION 2018 – Exam Dates
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) conducted by IISc and IITs has emerged as one of the bench mark tests for engineering and science aptitude in facilitating admissions for higher education (M.Tech./Ph.D.) in IITs, IISc and various other Institutes/ Universities/ Laboratories in India. With the standard and high quality of the GATE examination in 23 disciplines of engineering and science subjects, it identifies the candidate’s understanding of a subject and aptitude and eligibility for higher studies. During the last few years, GATE score is also being used as one of the criteria for recruitment in Government Organizations such as Cabinet Secretariat, and National/State Public Sector Undertakings in India. Because of the importance of the GATE examination, the number of candidates appearing in GATE exams has increased tremendously and this year (GATE 2017) more than 9.23 Lac candidates have applied for the examination. GATE notification was officially released on 1st September of 2016 and the last date apply for GATE Exam is 4th October of 2016.
GATE exams are conducted by the IITs and IISc as a computer based test having multiple choice questions and numerical answer type questions. The questions are mostly fundamental, concept based and thought provoking. This year GATE 2017 shall also hold examinations for candidates in Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka, and United Arab Emirates. Many GATE qualified candidates are paid scholarships/assistantship, especially funded by Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India and by other Ministries. GATE examination provides with a GATE score to all qualified candidates, which is valid for three years, but does not take any responsibility of admission of any candidate to any Institute.
GATE NOTIFICATION FOR 2017
GATE notification was officially released on 1st September of 2016 and the last date apply for GATE Exam is 4th October of 2016.
Application process :
No restriction on second choice examination city to be in the same zone as first choice city. It can be anywhere in India. Thumb impression of candidates needs to be uploaded during the application procedure. Candidates who have completed the qualifying degree, need to upload scanned image of degree completion certificate or final year/semester mark sheet. However, candidates studying in the final year of their qualifying degree need to upload scanned image of pre-final year (or fifth/sixth semester) mark sheet, or provisional certificate letter from his/her Institute as proof of eligibility criterion. Similarly this applies to candidates of AMIE, AMICE and other similar programs.
How to Apply:
- Go to official website @ http://gate.iitr.ernet.in/
- Click “GATE 2017 Application Form “.
- Fill the application form and submit it on or before 4th Oct 2016.
- Download and take a print of it for further use.
- For General/OBC – Rs. 1500/-
- For Women candidates – Rs. 750/-
- For SC/ST – Rs. 750/-
Educational Qualification and Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates must have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
- Candidates must have Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (Five year course) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
- Candidates must have Bachelor’s degree of Four-year programme in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
- Candidates must have Master’s degree in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programme.
- Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/ Technology and those in the second or higher year of such programmes.
- Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/ Technology and those in the fourth or higher year of such programmes.
- Five-year Integrated M.Sc. or Five year Integrated B.Sc./ M.Sc. degree and those in the final year of such programmes.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognizsed by UPSC/ AICTE as equivalent to B.E./ B.Tech. Those who have completed Section-A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
Gate exam is for 100 marks and there are total of 65 questions. Duration of exam is for 3 hours.
- General Aptitude – 10 questions and it is for 15 marks
- Engineering Mathematics – 10 questions and it is for 15 marks
- Technical Questions – 70 marks
|Commencement of Online Form||1st Sept 2016|
|Last Date to Apply||4th October 2016|
|Exam Starts from||4th, 5th, 11th and 12th Feb 2017|
|Exam end||12th Feb 2017|
|Release Of Admit Card||5th Jan 2017|
|Result announcement||27 March 2017|
|Official Notification||Click Here|
|Apply Online||Click Here|
Examination Dates with Session Timings :
|February 4th, 5th 11th and 12th 2017 (tentative) in two sessions (Forenoon session: 9.00 AM-12.00 Noon; Afternoon session: 2.00 PM- 5.00 PM). Any change in timings or sessions/dates shall be displayed on GATE website (www.gate.iitr.ernet.in) The session timings at GATE International Centers according to their local time shall be notified well in advance.|
Please share this article GATE 2017 Notification – Exam dates to all your friends who are preparing for GATE Exam 2017. If you have any issues & Doubts regarding GATE Exam Date, Last Date to pay fee, Last date to GATE exam Online registration and any other related to GATE 2017 you can ask via comment box.