GATE Preparation Tips for Aerospace Engineering 2018
Get GATE Preparation Tips for Aerospace Engineering. If you are GATE aspirant and looking for preparation strategy for GATE 2018 Aerospace engineering, then this is for you. Here we have listed GATE Aerospace Engineering Preparation Tips, that will help GATE aspirants in the Aerospace Engineering Stream to prepare well and crack GATE Exam. You may go through this page to know How to Crack GATE AE Aerospace Engineering? This article discusses numerous tips that will immensely help the students to prepare for the GATE aerospace exam. The following provides the tips which, when followed, will provide good results:
Also Check :
- GATE Notification 2018 – Exam Dates & Application
- GATE EXAM PATTERN – 2018 DETAILS
- Eligibility for GATE Aerospace Exam
Content in this Article
- How to prepare for GATE Aerospace Engineering 2018
- Step 1 : Know the Syllabus
- Step 2 : Select the Best Reference Books for GATE Aerospace Engineering
- Step 3: Identify Which Topics should study at First
- Step 4 : Prepare a Study Plan
- GATE Aerospace Engineering Preparation Tips
- Last Step to Complete the Preparation
How to prepare for GATE Aerospace Engineering 2018
To Prepare GATE Aerospace Engineering Paper for 2018, you need to follow below given steps.
Step 1 : Know the Syllabus
The first step the students need to take is to collect the correct syllabus. This step will ensure that they prepare only those subjects from which the questions are asked in the GATE exam. The same will prevent unnecessary time wastage by studying non-important topics.
Syllabus of GATE Aerospace Exam
GATE Aerospace engineering syllabus consists special, and core topics. Both core and special topics are taken from your 4 year engineering study. Download the PDF for GATE aerospace engineering syllabus.
GATE Aerospace Exam pattern
GATE syllabus has two types of topics one is core topic and another is special topic. 90% weightage given to core topic and 10% weightage given to a special topic. Considering the 100% of whole GATE aerospace engineering exam. 13% weightage is given to engineering, mathematics, 15% weighted to general aptitude and 72% weightage to your aerospace engineering subject’s knowledge.
- Engineering Mathematics- 13%
- General Aptitude- 15%
- Subject Topics- 72%
So you should focus more on theoretical studies of your aerospace engineering topics.
Step 2 : Select the Best Reference Books for GATE Aerospace Engineering
The second step that must be followed by the students is to start studying those basic books of aerospace engineering that covers basic topics like the performance of aircraft, aerodynamics, propulsion, air dynamics, etc. An example of such books is Introduction to Flight by Anderson. It is necessary to clear the basic concepts first, which will aid in understanding the advanced studies.
GATE Aerospace Engineering Books
You can find lots of books with different publications in the online or offline stores, but I am going to share with you some best books which are recommended by the experts and universities for conceptual study.
For Aerospace Engineering Subject Topics Books
1.Fundamental of Aerodynamics (SI units) by John Anderson Jr
2. Introduction to Flight by John D Anderson Jr
3. Aerodynamics for Engineering Students by Butterworth
4. Aircraft Structures for Engineering Students by Megson T.H.G
5. Aircraft Performance and Design by John D Anderson
6. Gas Turbines by V Ganeshan
7. Rocket Propulsion Elements by George P Sutton
For General Aptitude Test
1. Quantitative Aptitude & Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
2. Objective English to Competitive Exam by Hari Mohan Prasad
For Engineering Mathematics
1. Higher Engineering Mathematics- B.S Garewal
2. Advanced Engineering Mathematics- Erwin Kreyszig
GATE Aerospace Previous Year Solved & Mock Test Papers
1. GATE Aerospace Engineering Solved & Mock Test Papers by Anshul Khandelwal
Step 3: Identify Which Topics should study at First
The third step involves the studying of aircraft performance. There are many books available that cover this topic in detail. The students must read those books which can be understood by them easily. They must pay utmost attention to the topics like aircraft turn, pull down, pull up, ascend, flight, gliding, etc. The Gate aerospace exam asks questions from the aircraft performance topic extensively.
Step 4 : Prepare a Study Plan
The fourth step consists of an extensive study of aircraft structures. From the GATE’s perspective, this subject is very important. The students must cover topics like the strength of materials, mechanical vibrations and aircraft structures in-depth for covering this subject. They must solve as many numerical problems as they can so that they can have loads of practice for the GATE exam.
Aerodynamics an essential topic of Aerospace engineering. There are many good books that cover this topic in great detail. The students must select the most suitable one and read all the text given in it. Solving all exercises and practicing numerical problems will help to boost their confidence.The students must also prepare topics like aircraft stability, propulsion, and space dynamics thoroughly. They must pay special attention to turbines, axial compressors, centrifugal compressors and rocket propulsion.
GATE Aerospace Engineering Preparation Tips
- Take a print out of the syllabus. See the weightage of different subjects.
- Whatever subjects that are common to your current semester and GATE, or some tough subjects you have already done in previous semesters, start doing them. Read standard books referred for them. Don’t learn. Build your concepts.
- Make your notes along side.
- Make small targets, daily targets, weekly targets. At this stage, 3-4 hours of study would be okay. Actually, I’m defining the amount because people tend to ask ‘how time to study etc’. But actually, one shouldn’t keep time as the reference, but a topic or two as a measure of time to sit in day.
- Keep targets of 2 or 3 subjects in a semester. Conquer them.
- Practice previous year questions religiously.
- Don’t just do a subject and leave. Revise it after 7-15 days so that you don’t forget it.
- Mark the questions you feel are important, tough or conceptual.
- Be your own critic. Take your own tests. No one can help you better than you, yourself.
- Take a break of a day or two if you feel things are getting hectic.
- Buy some previous year Question Bank, made easy or Ace. But do not follow them blindly. Look for better solutions to some typical questions on the internet.
- Google good sites for GATE in aerospace enginerring, join some facebook group.
- Have faith in yourself. Tell your parents about your aim and ask them to motivate you daily. The most difficult task would be to keep up your motivation high since the time is long.
- Don’t ever think about the results. Keep doing your share of efforts.
Last Step to Complete the Preparation
Lastly, the students must use solved and mock test papers as much as possible. This will help them immensely to clear the exam.
GATE Aerospace Engineering Exam Helpful Online Community & Forums
Online community and forums are helpful when you are newbie to the exam. Learn the tips & tricks from experts in these forums and communities. You can visit these reputed forums for GATE Aerospace exam related doubts and questions.
After completing B tech or B.E, most of the students who want to make their career in research and development, they look forward for masters. Getting a master’s degree from reputed universities like IIT, IISC etc. increases the importance and knowledge of his field.
When anyone qualifies GATE ,it means he/she has good engineering knowledge. That’s why R&D companies and organizations demand for GATE qualified score.
Share this article to GATE Students who are preparing for GATE 2018 Exam of Aerospace engineering. If you have any queries regarding GATE 2018 Syllabus, Eligibility and GATE Aerospace Engineering Exam, you can comment below.