CSE MAINS GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 4 FULL SYLLABUS & FULL TOPICS 2016 & 2017
Get CIVIL SERVICES MAINS GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 4 SYLLABUS & FULL TOPICS 2016 & 2017 details. We had already provided UPSC civil Services Exam Notification 2016 & UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam Syllabus & Subjects 2016 & 2017 in detail. Before going to attempt UPSC Civil Services Mains exam, students must know about UPSC Mains Exam Pattern, what are the CIVIL SERVICES MAINS GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 4 SYLLABUS & FULL TOPICS 2016 & 2017, Topics in UPSC Mains GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 4 2016 & 2017 exam. Here we are providing UPSC Mains GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 4 Exam Syllabus for 2016 & 2017 exams. Following are the Civil Services / IAS MAINS 2016 & 2017 GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 4 FULL SYLLABUS & FULL TOPICS. UPSC (union public service commission) conducts the CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATION (CSE) which is a nationwide exam. UPSC has brought changes to CIVIL SERVICES syllabus and pattern. In this article you can found out new syllabus for CIVIL SERVICES MAINS General studies paper 4 in detail. In UPSC CIVIL SERVICES mains paper general studies papers play a major role. There are four general studies papers in UPSC mains examination and each general studies paper of 250 marks.Duration 3 hours.
Also Check :
- CSE MAINS 2016 GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 1 FULL SYLLABUS
- CSE MAINS 2016 GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 2 FULL SYLLABUS
- CSE MAINS 2016 GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 3 FULL SYLLABUS
CSE MAINS 2016 & 2017 GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 4 FULL SYLLABUS
The Following are UPSC CIVIL SERVICES (CSE) mains General Studies Paper- 4 Syllabus in detail (250 marks)
Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude
This paper will include questions to test the candidates’ attitude and approach to issues relating to integrity, probity in public life and his problem solving approach to various issues and conflicts faced by him in dealing with society. Questions may utilize the case study approach to determine these aspects. The following broad areas will be covered.
- Ethics and Human Interface: Essence, determinants and consequences of Ethics in human actions; dimensions of ethics; ethics in private and public relationships. Human Values – lessons from the lives and teachings of great leaders, reformers and administrators; role of family, society and educational institutions in inculcating values.
- Attitude: content, structure, function; its influence and relation with thought and behavior; moral and political attitudes; social influence and persuasion.
- Aptitude and foundational values for Civil Service , integrity, impartiality and non-partisanship, objectivity, dedication to public service, empathy, tolerance and compassion towards the weaker-sections.
- Emotional intelligence-concepts, and their utilities and application in administration and governance.
- Contributions of moral thinkers and philosophers from India and world.
- Public/Civil service values and Ethics in Public administration: Status and problems; ethical concerns and dilemmas in government and private institutions; laws, rules, regulations and conscience as sources of ethical guidance; accountability and ethical governance; strengthening of ethical and moral values in governance; ethical issues in international relations and funding; corporate governance.
- Probity in Governance: Concept of public service; Philosophical basis of governance and probity; Information sharing and transparency in government, Right to Information, Codes of Ethics, Codes of Conduct, Citizen’s Charters, Work culture, Quality of service delivery, Utilization of public funds, challenges of corruption.
- Case Studies on above issues.
CSE mains general studies paper 4 mainly focus on the following topics
There are 14 questions printed both in HINDI and ENGLISH in previous mains general studies paper 4 2015. All the questions in general studies paper 4 are compulsory.Answers must be written in the medium authorized in the Admission Certificate which must be stated clearly on the cover of this Question-cum-Answer (QCA) Booklet in the space provided. No marks will be given for answers written in a medium other than the authorized one.The number of marks carried by a question/part is indicated against it. One thing must be remember every CIVIL SERVICES aspirant is contents of the answer is more important than its length. While writing the civil services general studies paper student must have idea about beginning, content and how to conclude each question. So you must go through the each topic in the civil services general studies paper 4 syllabus and make a well strategy to how to prepare for civil services mains form previous papers. All the best.
Share this article to your friends who are preparing for civil services mains exams. Hoping good luck for your exams, All the best.